View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 09:52 AM   #48 (permalink)
bullitt5897
Premium Member

Drives: Twin Turbo Z34
bullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond repute

So we weren't able to do pulls until late last night. We had to strap down the car so tight that cause the tires to sit on the rear bumper. This lead to us removing the rear bumper and doing the pulls last night.

Posting numbers:
Due to the results of last nights Dyno I do not believe it would be an apples to apples comparison just by swapping the lower intake plenum. Here is the reason why I say this:
The car prior to the new lower intake was running a 10-11 AFR on the top end. With the new lower the AFR's rose 3 AFR points!!!! What does that tell us? We are getting more air than the GTM Kit was capable of flowing. Well with more air means a leaner AFR which means my numbers will not be accurate as to what the kit could make. Given that my tune is locked Sharif was unable to make any changes to show the true gains of this intake manifold...

So in the grand scheme of things it looks as though the lower intake plenum has increased the volumetric efficiency of the motor. There were no vacuum leaks which means we have made a considerable increase in efficiency to raise the AFR ratio by 3 points.

Now I could have Sharif wipe the tune and start all over again just to see were we stand... But this would set me back a week on my build and jeopardize my car being at Zdayz and something I am not willing to do. However, my Fast intentions kit is in hand and we are stripping the car this week of the GTM Kit. So we will get numbers in a few weeks leading up to Zdayz on the new fast intentions kit.

Our final comparison will be the best GTM/Gamma could produce versus the best Fast Intentions could produce.
Shop Cars: 2013 318whp Nismo VspecII 370z *SOLD*, 2009 1000hp+ 93oct 4.0L TT 370z Fast Intentions STAGE 4 #054
bullitt5897 is offline   Reply With Quote