Thread: Rear jack point
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 02:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedworks View Post
Ok, I am expecting my FI CBE on Wednesday, and haven't raised the rear of the car yet. Anyone know of a good jacking point in the rear (somewhere in the center to raise the whole rear)? I hope to spray the bolts today/tomorrow, and just haven't looked. Let me know if you have found a good spot, thanks.
I used the rear diff housing to jack it up.

Then I placed the jack stands on either side, where there are two rods on either side going from behind the rear diff to in front of the rear wheels. Not sure what the rods do (probably stiffen the chassis) do, but the area looked pretty substantial and it didn't flex/give when I lowered the car slowly onto them.

Last edited by kannibul; 12-28-2009 at 02:54 PM.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote