Thread: YzGyz's turn!
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 08:28 PM   #246 (permalink)
YzGyz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Nismo
YzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond repute

We went to the track Friday night. I didn't really focus on anything. We simply went to WOT and have fun. The NT05r stick SOO MUCH BETTER than street tires! I don't know what RPM in a good RPM to launch yet but I'll get it one day. I either bog or spin on launch.

A revelation came to me a month or two ago when I first mounted my DRs. I remember way back in the day when I was in HVAC apprentice. Sometimes we will walk into new build houses and the carpet were protected with a clear film to walk on. I went to the local hardware store and found a roll Surface Shield. The roll is 24'' wide by 50' long at around $10. I did a quick spray down of my rear quarter panel to get rid of dirt and grime in the AM then let it dry. I slapped the film on prior to driving to the drag strip. I think this stuff would also be great hood and bumper protection on track days or cross country drive. The film is thick and peels off easily with out leaving any residue.

Here is a quick side view of the car with the protestant on the rear panel, HR 10''wx19'' rims wrapped in NT05r 305/35/19.

Here is a close up view of the meaty tire.

And here is a front view because the front looks as good as the booty view.

YzGyz
YzGyz is offline   Reply With Quote