View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 01:57 PM   #442 (permalink)
Ryan @ RJM
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09' G37S Coupe
Ryan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to all
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by YzGyz View Post
I just visited your site to see what the V3 Jar was talking about. I admit, I'm confused of the upgrade on the new unit. I probably have to take a hands on look to see why it's better or changed. Anyhoo, the pedal I bought from you is really good. Any improvemnt is a darn good thing.

I have some questions for you on adjustments.

Message sent Ryan.

YzGyz
YzGyz, just sent you a long and detailed PM with my suggestions on your setup and how to hopefully get it better dialed in.

For the Rev3 visually it doesn't look that different from a Rev2 however it was completely redesigned from the foot pad up and there isn't a single piece left in common with the older units. The changes all focused on ease of install and ease of tuning... So the number of adjustment points and range of adjustment remained virtually unchanged. When a Rev2 and Rev3 are setup equally you shouldn't be able to tell them apart by driving feel unless you look under the dash.
The key new features are that the Rev 3 now comes with the upper pedal arm fully installed in the main bracket. Everything is greased, upper arm in place, spring in place and it all goes up onto the firewall as a complete assembly ready to go.
The AFP adjustment is now a simple sliding plate with an indicator window to show you what the AFP is set for.
The AFP now comes pre-setup so all you do is bolt it in and its already at the magic starting point I recommend.
The upper switch now has a simple moveable mount that adjusts with loosening just one Allan head bolt for quick adjustment. No more jam nuts to mess with.
The Rev3 uses the OEM clevis end on the master cylinder so you no longer need to remove and replace it. Since the clutch rod setting was ok with the OEM pedal and the clevis doesn't need to be touched anymore you can go straight to test driving without needing to do any further setup with it. Just fine tune later if needed.
The Rev3 bracket design is more open and allows better access around the master cylinder studs so it's easier to see them, start the nuts and tighten them down with less obstructions. In Rev 3.1 this got improved even a little more as additional clearance was given beside the upper left stud to help with starting the nut.

So that means:
No more installing of the bare main bracket on the firewall first.
No more greasing & installing the bearings into the pivot tube under the dash.
No more greasing and installing the spring under the dash.
No more having to line up the pedal arm in place under dash, while keeping the spring from falling off and pushing the large clevis pin thru to hold everything together.
No more double jam nuts to fight with when adjusting the upper cruise control switch depth which needs to done when making other setup changes.
No more need to setup the initial AFP starting point during the install.
No more counting the number of turns of the AFP adjuster and estimating where it's setup for or worse yet turning the wrong direction and wondering why it's not responding how you want it.

So basically a lot of little things that when all put together make the Rev3 MUCH easier to install, tune and understand what needs to be done compared with the Rev2.

Home of the A.F.P. Upgraded Clutch Pedal System. Smoother Launches, Smoother Shifts & Improved Clutch Control Like No Other Pedal Mod You've Experianced Before Guaranteed!
Visit www.RJMPerformance.com or Email Ryan@RJMPerformance.com Also Don't Forget to Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/RJM-Performance
Ryan @ RJM is offline   Reply With Quote