View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 05:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mike B CCTX
Base Member

Drives: 2013 370Z NISMO
Mike B CCTX is just really niceMike B CCTX is just really niceMike B CCTX is just really niceMike B CCTX is just really nice

I take my 2013 Nismo to the track on a u haul trailer. I have maybe 10+ trips on a u haul. First, there are two size variants: the older trailers with orange decking and the newer ones with silver decking. The newer silver decked ones are maybe a few inches wider than the old ones. The old ones work. But you have to get the car centered almost perfectly for some slight clearance on either side of the side trailer rails. The silver newer ones will give you maybe 1 1/2-2 inches on either side to play with. I drive my car on to the trailer using 2 2x8 boards under each trailer ramp. The shorter 2x8 is approx 30-32 inches long, the longer one about 48 inches long. I also use about an 18 inch 2x8 at the front of the trailer to raise the nose of the car enough to clear the front trailer lip. I pull all the way on to the trailer until the tires are touching the front lip. I use the wheel straps and chains that are attached to the u haul. I also use heavy duty tie down straps, one on the front and one on the rear for added safety. The car will shift as you drive. I usually stop to pee and check the straps about every 90 min. The rear tie down is easy. The trailer chain and my strap both fit on the rear tie down eyelet on the car. The front is more of a challenge and you will end up on your back under the trailer. The chain I wrap around part of the under suspension. I don't make it extremely tight. My tie down strap hooks on to a tear shaped opening close to where I loop the chain. The fender on the right side of the trailer is hinged and no problem opening the drivers door. My car has its OEM suspension and is not lowered. I can't think of anything else right now but feel free to ask away. My wife and I have gotten pretty good at getting the trailer hitched to my truck and the car loaded and unloaded. I have done it by myself a few times, probably safer and easier with someone helping /guiding you on.
Mike B CCTX is offline   Reply With Quote