View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 01:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
cv129
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nismo, 16 Nismo
cv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond repute

Review from FairladyZ40th:

Ok so we got to looking at the car, first we examined the paint.

My ratings will go from 1-10.
1 being bad or excessive.
10 being good or none/minor.

Paint:
The paint was nice in terms of color and sun damage or major scratches. Although, (after the drive) I noticed all the swirl marks it had. I'm willing to bet the car was washed, or worse, dusted with a towel and the dirt kind of got in there. I honestly was a little shocked at the swirling. HOWEVER, I will say that it looks faint enough to very very easily buff out or shine with any swirl remover. Further, I noticed they put that thin plastic sheeting nearly over the entire front of the car and other crucial points. Lastly, id point out that there's the presence of more noticeable scratches on the trunk just below the Nissan emblem; I wouldn't make it a biggie on that too much since I'm assuming we all experience that. Oh and I didn't notice any bumps but there is also that orange peel effect. So I'd give it a 7/10. Swirls 6/10.

Interior:
I took a look at the interior and checked the stains on the driver side. Yes, the door handle is a little dirty/stained, as well as the driver seat. I'd say it is minor but it's my judgment vs yours so I'm not 100% on how accurately well I can rate this. I'd say the majority could be removed though a barely noticeable slight trace could possibly be left behind. The passenger seat area was much better of course I really wouldn't worry much with this side in all honesty. When I got to the trunk I noticed the previous owner had like 3-4 carpet layers and they're all very clean. It nearly seems like they never used the trunk. The car had its full spare tire equipment. Yes, premium Bose sound. Fully functional everything (in terms of accessories i.e. Stereo, gps, headlights, brakes, blinkers, interior lighting, heated seats, dash, gauges, A/C is cold, etc.). The steering wheel had no signs of wear. The side skirt steps looked quite clean and there was hardly if any sign of heavy damage or scrapes. I didn't notice any tears on carpet or the roof, no noticeable odors. I'd rate it at 9/10.

Tires:
They looked to be at maybe 50-60%. Didn't notice any uneven wear. Rims looked very nice, no dents or curb rash nor signs of heavy damage.

Body:
No visible dents or punctures. No modifications. All windows are pristine as well as headlights and mirrors.10/10

Mechanic:
Confirmed sport package+touring gps etc. large brakes, gear indicator, heated seats, paddle shifters, shift indicator. Upon turning on the engine there was no noises. The engine turned on and warmed up normal with no knock or clicking from the valves. The serpentine belts didn't screech or anything, AC engaged normally, all fluid levels were good. They added like an oil to the battery towers I guess to help with maintenance. I saw absolutely no oil spilling or leaking in the engine bay, everything was clean and spotless. I checked engine oil while it was cold and the oil is new but it did smell burned .
The transmission did not make any noises and the synchro for all the fears was on the money, this little bad girl launches and drives both aggressively and smoothly. It has very nice pick up acceleration and there weren't any weird feels or sounds to anything. I can also say that I feel automatic may be a little faster or have a better launch because of the extra torque. There were no noises coming from the differential nor the suspension or the power steering. The turning was pretty sensitive and felt a little stiff which was a good indicator. I jerked the steering a little to provoke noise or test the suspension and well virtually everything feels like it's new. Finally the shifting is pretty fast and the computer has no problem keeping up with gear demand. Literally, I can say the car drives and handles like it were new I give it a 9/10.

Electronics:
I tested all lighting, sensors and accessories and I found no issues with any of it. At least nothing noticeable no weird glitches or anything all gauges work, all lights work, radio and speakers work, power seats are good, heater is good, seat butt warmer is good, you have a single USB port and a stereo inlet which I was unable to test. Over all I give it a 10/10.

Overall:
In summary it's like I said the car looks and feels as if though it were new off the lot the only major thing I did find were the swirls and the faint staining in the drivers interior. If I could guess what kind of driver this was used by I'd say average or anal type (like takes care of the car insanely good and never really actually "drove it" or maybe a female owned it. My overall rating id have to go with 8/10.

I hope this helps and more importantly I pray none of this discourages you from checking out the car your self or actually buying it because the car is actually really nice and I feel is worth it for such a price though I'd still fight it haha. I look forward to the addition of a new member in the forum ;D haha let me know how it goes and what you think!