View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 11:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
VABAM
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with VDC off.
VABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by osbornsm View Post
There are apparently OEM replacement calipers in the upgraded category!!
-----------------------------------------------------
Brembo 6-piston caliper: $2,100
- includes lines / brackets
- pads
Part #: 1N0.8002A2

( Click to show/hide )

We don't know if they'll clear the OEM 18's however.

Choice #2
Price: $3,000
Stoptech 6-piston BBK with 355mm / 14" rotors
( Click to show/hide )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
I don't know if stoptechs will work with your dba rotors. As for the brembos, stay away from them for a track car!
1. the caliper has to be removed to change the pads, there is no removable bridge on them, a real pain in the butt.

2. without extensive grinding of the edges, they will not clear 18s (at least 350z Rays 18s)

3. In conjunction with stock rear akebonos, you will wear out rear pads 3 sets for every one set of fronts and they aren't very well balanced for the track.

I speak from experience
Osbornsm if you are willing to wait I could try out some 18's on my car. I'm away on business and should be back in June. I'm pretty sure my buddy has some 18's sitting around in his shop. How ever they would most likely be 350Z 18's. I also have a few 370Z friends in my area and I’m thinking I could borrow some 370Z 18’s.

Mike talking about front to rear balance gave me another concern. The StopTech front BBK is balanced with the rear BBK. The caliper and rotor for the StopTech rear BBK are bigger than the stock Akebono’s. I think you might have a similar issue to what Mike had with the Brembro calipers if run just the front StopTechs.