View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 07:42 PM   #32 (permalink)
bflo370z
Base Member

Drives: '12 Z and '07 g35x
bflo370z is on a distinguished road

I had an 08 Legacy GT spec B. It was an extremely fun car, especially in Buffalo winters. I have yet to drive a car in snow I feel more planted/stable/safer in than that car. Wrx performance but at a fraction of the insurance cost. Put over 50,000 miles (40k of those on a stage 2 tune) on it in the two and a half years I had it and not one problem. Sold it with just under 100k miles on it. Awesome in the snow here in Buffalo (I woke up one morning to 13" of snow and it had no problem getting out of the driveway. I'll try to find the picture I took because it really was amazing) Plus with the Cobb stage 2 ots tune it was getting 27mpg with pretty good power. Can't say enough good things about that car.

I sold it only because I figured if I had a daily, I wanted something more relaxing (auto), wanted full leather (having a dog gets to be a pain with alcantara), was going to have to spend some decent money on it (timing belt and turbo) and more importantly, mod bug hit that car hard. I'm one that if I'm replacing an OEM part, I'm going to upgrade it. If I'm changing out the turbo, might was well put in a 16g turbo. But that then requires more fuel. More power requires a better clutch...You get my drift My g35x I replaced it with I don't touch whereas the Legacy I was always throwing money into modding it. And that was a problem when I already had a weekend car I loved to modify.

So with that, I would look into a Legacy GT. If you can find a Spec B under 20 which you should be able to, go for it. But the 5 speed in the GT would be better for DD because of the gearing/less shifting.
bflo370z is offline   Reply With Quote