View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 03:39 PM   #569 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

I know a bunch of you are network geeks, so please chime in if you have any thoughts

I have a Ricoh MFP C3000 at the office setup to scan to a folder on my office machine. The protocol used is SMB, and it is properly authenticated with firewall exceptions and everything. However, it often gives an error connecting to the folder when I try to scan. Restarting my computer will restore the connection every time. We don't scan that often, so I rarely get more than 3-4 scans before I have to restart - this may happen in a single day or over the course of several days. I cannot figure out why this is happening.

One thing that may be relevant is that my computer is essentially the office server. It shares mostly photos, docs, and pdfs with three other computers. Three are Windows 7 machines (including mine) and one is a Windows 10 machine. Rarely do we have more than two people in the office at a time.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |