View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 12:31 PM   #58 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
It could very well still be leaking at the orings, everytime I pull it apart I find what I assume to be oring rubber in the basket. Maybe I am just asking for to much pressure and when it gets hot and the orings get soft it blows them out.

Hard part is in order to bypass that filter I will have to cut that factory line and replace it with fuel hose which means going back to the stock configuration could be an issue.

Would you entertain the idea of building me a basket with the required mods?
I am not sure what the rubber that gets in the basket is from, but its not the orings. I get that same rubber and the ones that have been sent in to me get it also. The orings are Viton and will not degrade. If you replaced an oring with one of your own, its possible that you didnt use a fuel-safe material.

I would gladly assemble a fuel pump module for you and pressure test it before sending out.

In fact, send me the one you are having a problem with, and I will test it as is and tell you if there is anything wrong with it. Turn around time one day, and I will ship it back no charge. I am interested in seeing this for myself for if there is something wrong with it, it will just be something for me to watch out for and help others with.

Remove the level sensor before shipping it, those are fragile and I of course wont need that here.

Last edited by phunk; 04-07-2016 at 12:36 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote