View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 11:07 PM   #3283 (permalink)
kayha12
Base Member

Drives: 05 OBP WRX
kayha12 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintsize725 View Post
To elaborate:
So I was thinking of getting the body only and buying two lenses to start off. My thoughts are on the 16-35 f/4L and the 100mm macro f/2.8L. Figured I could get away with using the 100 at track events. What would you recommend? I really want to keep the IS on both if possible. I shoot a lot of family events in small spaces, events out at COTA, landscapes, and flowers. I also want to get back into astrophotography at some point so I'm not sure the f/4 will be enough. I used the 16-35 2.8L before and it was great but so heavy and no IS.
the "kit" 24-105L lens is actually pretty legit and versatile. 24mm on a FF is pretty darn wide. I shoot with a 6D and love my 17-40L, didn't want to dish out the extra $$ for the 16-35L. If you're looking for a prime in the 100mm range, I would suggest the 135L, it's one of canon's sharpest lenses and the bokeh it produces is amazing at f/2. Otherwise I'd suggest any variation of the 70-200L based on your budget. I shoot with the 70-200 f4 non IS, which is the cheapest one and I love it! Produces amazing portraits and still shots for car shoots
kayha12 is offline   Reply With Quote