View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 04:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
ARrado15
Base Member

Drives: 370z M6
ARrado15 has a reputation beyond reputeARrado15 has a reputation beyond reputeARrado15 has a reputation beyond reputeARrado15 has a reputation beyond reputeARrado15 has a reputation beyond reputeARrado15 has a reputation beyond reputeARrado15 has a reputation beyond reputeARrado15 has a reputation beyond reputeARrado15 has a reputation beyond reputeARrado15 has a reputation beyond reputeARrado15 has a reputation beyond repute
Default High clutch engagement with RJM?

Hey all. So I'm the second owner of my Z, and don't really know what was done to it before I had it, but ever since I purchased it, it's had a very high engagement point, and super small friction zone. I figured it was normal, as most people in the forum complain about it.
So I bought the RJM clutch assembly, and the clutch is almost the same, and maybe even a tad bit worse. The friction zone is phenomenal now, but the engagement point is so high that when I fully let out the clutch I think the clutch is just barely fully engaging. When I first drove it I thought that the clutch wasn't fully engaging, but it seems to drive fine, besides some hard pulls.
When I do hard pulls, 3rd gear seems to completely slip. Almost as if the tires are spinning, but they are not, and it happens throughout the entire gear. Also, when I was installing the RJM clutch, it looked as if I have a different master cylinder than stock. So I guess my question is where should I start looking? Could my clutch be worn out? Might I need a new master cylinder? What would cause this issue?

Last edited by ARrado15; 04-05-2016 at 04:20 AM.
ARrado15 is offline   Reply With Quote