Thread: 2017 370z
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 06:58 PM   #53 (permalink)
Darwins Child
Base Member

Drives: '14 Z Tour+Sport 7AT
Darwins Child is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicd View Post
Here in Toronto/GTA Automatics are cheaper when used, I think like you said no one wants them. If you want a fun sports car for the summer - get manual.
All joking aside get what you want, but for resale value and enjoyment get manual. (if the wife doesn't know how to drive manual for $200-300 buy her lessons, everybody that drives manual had to learn)
If you haven't driven one with the sport package, do yourself a favour. Its worth the extra money all day long. Man the brakes are amazing on them.
If you are buying used there isn't much price difference with the sport optioned cars.
As why a used 2014/15 is more than a new one left over on the lot - no idea. Maybe they are a celebrity and think their car is worth more than new some how. Or they are hoping a sucker comes by and doesn't do their research like you have. People can ask as much as they want, what they sell the car for is totally different.
I got mine for $3000 less than the guy was asking just a couple weeks ago.

My 2 cents
Thanks for your input.

My wife already knows how to drive a manual quite well, but for some reason insists upon an auto, and believe me, I've worked on her. But the other better reason that I no longer want a manual is the slave cylinder issue which I very recently learned about. I don't have any strong feeling about either transmission, but I definitely do not want too deal with that slave issue, so auto it will be. Good to hear they're generally less desirable than the manuals.

I'm going to go out on a short limb and assume that the vehicle you just bought is the '12 that is in your info under your username, and that it is also a manual. You say that you got the vehicle for $3000 less than asking. Was the asking price close to the CBB average asking price?

Again, I'll keep the sport-optioned vehicles firmly in mind.

Thanks.
Darwins Child is offline   Reply With Quote