View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 02:11 PM   #36 (permalink)
JoeyD
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 NISMO 370Z
JoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond repute

Ninjaman...I too have some substantial experience building, and destroying cars over the last 8 years. And one factor that remains constant is "boost fever". When it is so easy to increase power it's almost impossible to resist the urge to do so. This, ultimately, is what results in blown motors. More so than generic mechanical failure at least. Have you met a single motor-head that could resist cranking it up, if even only one time? I haven't, to include myself.

You will not convince me that ANY turbo setup will last longer or be as maintenance free on a 370 than the simple mods I listed above. I don't care how well the work is done, or how well the motor is tuned, all things being equal the NA setup lasts longer. Sure I would love to have a 370ZTT, but I would only consider this if I had something else to drive when it does break.