Thread: Walking Dead
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 10:06 AM   #1024 (permalink)
The Dimer
Track Member

Drives: 2010 PW 370z
The Dimer has a spectacular aura aboutThe Dimer has a spectacular aura about

I was on board until they decided to end the season the a flippin' cliffhanger. I was sitting on my couch, heart racing, anticipation building, and then....cut to black. At that moment I took a second to make sure the show was over and all I could muster was, "Oh fuuuuck yoouuu!" At the end of the most cliffhanger-filled season they end it with yet another cliff hanger? What a slap in the face. It's not like people weren't going to watch next season without a cliffhanger, and my fear is that we will start season 7 with a time jump and may have to spend an episode or two figuring out who it was, ruining one of the iconic scenes in the comics.

The rest of the episode wasn't bad. Carol is still being a wimp, but Morgan finally killed someone and it looks like we'll be introduced to the Kingdom soon enough. Father Gabriel looks like he is may be turning into a half-decent character too. We finally got to see the size of the Saviors and for once they actually felt threatening (that look on Rick's face really sold the last scene for me). I think Jeffery Dean Morgan did a great job as Negan in the 6 minutes he was actually on screen.

As far as who got killed I'm down to four people. Off the top of my head we had Rick, Carl, Michonne, Daryl, Glenn, Maggie, Rosita, Eugene, Abraham, and Aaron. Negan mentioned cutting out Carl's other eye and feeding it to Rick if anyone moved, so I think they're safe. I don't think they'd kill one of the women so Michonne, Maggie, and Rosita are safe. Aaron is to insignificant at this point so I think he's safe too.

That leaves Daryl, Glenn, Eugene, and Abraham.
- Daryl would give the most shock value and he's already got the history with Dwayne (plus Norman's new show coming out).
- Glenn dies in the comics so that's an obvious choice, but they've already proven that just because it happens in the comics doesn't mean it'll happen in the show.
- Eugene has been building as a character and had that nice moment where he gave Rick the information to make bullets, but like Aaron, I don't think it would be impactful enough.
- Abraham has also been given more attention this season and he's a brick shithouse who's the most likely to "take it like a champ" and he had that discussion earlier in the episode about settling down and making pancakes with Sasha.

My money is on Daryl, then Abraham, with Glen rounding out the top 3.