View Single Post
Old 04-02-2016, 09:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Redmann1d2n
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370z Black Auto
Redmann1d2n is on a distinguished road

I have never like Tires Plus either. I went in there once to get tires on my truck. They were going over things and I said I just want tires and no other BS. I was sitting there with my Dad and this older gentleman had a 2 or 3 year old Impala and they told him he needed his brake fluid changed because it was becoming corrosive. 3 year old car. No. I was a mechanic and aircraft mechanic no way brake fluid in a car thats 3 years old starts to corrode...

Once I went in to a dealer (not my Z) and said my clutch was spongy and losing fluid and I think the slave cylinder needs to be changed. The service writer said the fluid is boiling and thats why and that they would change the master cylinder....... I couldn't believe what I heard. I went in to the service manager, slapped down my Airframe and Powerplant license (FAA license to work on aircraft) and said no way in hell the clutch fluid boiled and that I work on jet engines and that was all BS. Got a free slave cylinder and labor free after that...
Redmann1d2n is offline   Reply With Quote