View Single Post
Old 04-02-2016, 12:27 AM   #25 (permalink)
Daniel123588
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370z sport
Daniel123588 is a name known to allDaniel123588 is a name known to allDaniel123588 is a name known to allDaniel123588 is a name known to allDaniel123588 is a name known to allDaniel123588 is a name known to all

Some bumper work today. frickin tired. Didnt get around to making license plate brackets, currnetly its just tie strapped on the grill... yes yes kind of ghetto, it doesnt actually look that bad even in person but i was way too tired already.

Foam bumper support needs to be taken out for this amuse rep, unless you could actually shave it down but i dont have tools to do such a thing.

the mouth of bumper, this area i had to cut out a little more as it was hitting the bracket.

Unfortuntely, have to take out the liner to do the install. this piece has to be trimmed as well as its tool long on this new bumper.

HEres the length you need to gauge and cut.

The bad news but should already be expected with any brand:
1. The holes along the center top that are held in with clips are pre drilled. i had to bore them out with a dremel to make them all fit good. Clips cover the entire hole so its all good.

2. Drilling the holes on the mounting locations on the underside below is a bit difficult. Screwing the bolts in was often a challenge to.

3. Doing testing and fitting by yourself is bad news, if you have a fellow friend, you should def ask. i have no friends so it was just myself.

4. The center mouth opening had to be trimmed, see above post about hitting bracket.

4.5: Cutting fender liner, while easy i didnt have to do that on my 350z Shine kit. oh well.

5. And the most irritating of all is having no low profile jack,Ugh.

Almost forgot the good:
1. Fitment on area where bumper meets fender is excellent! The pre drilled square holes mount perfect, the main one hole with the screw that goes into the fender had to be enlarged a little bit but wasnt a big deal. The quality of the fit was very impressive.

2. Gaps along headlights, hood, fender is quite well. not 100% but very close. Perfection can be accomplished with patience and sanding but i was satisfied so didnt have to do any sanding.

3. Again the bumper has dimples in the mounting locations to give you an idea roughly where to drill. While these marks are not 100% perfect, it pretty daaaamn close.

Very satisfied especially for the price as i cant afford authentic. Brah i stay broke, ai sus.

Last edited by Daniel123588; 04-02-2016 at 12:32 AM.
Daniel123588 is offline   Reply With Quote