View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 12:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Zyphron
Base Member

Drives: 2003 3.5 Altima SE
Zyphron is on a distinguished road
Default 2011 7AT Tour 2nd to 3rd Shifting delay and 5K rpm Loss of Power!

Ive been Waiting for a week for Approval to post this! so whatever admin/mod did the approval.... you sir, are A gentleman and a Scholar
Monday I purchased a 2011 370z 7AT Touring with all the packages for the Wife. when testing it on Friday I noticed that getting on the throttle 1/8 to 1/4 of the way the shift from 2-3 the car would "Hang" at 1700 to 2000 Rpm and cease all Acceleration as if the motor died but the car was still running. not 2 Seconds Later, BAMB! The car would kinda Play Catch up and ramp up the motor to 4k then shift hard.
pulled the code the standard Nissan way since I didn't want to be "told" what it was. and I'm weary of stealerships (this is not a Nissan Dealer either, so they will have to send it down the street) it came back to me on the dash as: P0605 Bad ECU memory or ground. I told the used car dealer and they agreed to fix the issue by getting a re-flash. so I came back Monday with my wife after repairs were complete and drove the car HARD, gentle, Like I stole it, and even like I was Driving Miss Daisy. I Tried my best to make the issue come back. putting 20 miles on it in the process. came up with nothing. The car ran amazingly so............ I bought it.
after 1 day of ownership the car is doing the SAME thing again. but in addition this time, it wont rev up past 5-6k in Auto and it will ONLY shift if I keep it in a Lower RPM range and go easy on the throttle. If I floor it? in ANY gear and I hit 5-6k RPM its acts like it has a Rev-limiter and the car drops power throwing you forward in the seat. then it quickly ramps back up to repeat the process
in Auto mode? pick any gear, it does this and wont shift under Hard acceleration
in Manual mode you have to shift before 5k or else it does the same thing.
sorry for the wall of text.
I looked over the internet (mostly here) for issues that match these and found some that are Similar but don't quite Fit: "loss of power and Limp mode" which limits u to 3k Rpm "Fuel starvation" which Kills RPM's but also the engine dies and or sputters, mine does not. and the "5k rev Limiter for Neutral," Mine does this in Drive

Car has 1/2 a tank of fuel

oh and to make this worse? its not Dropping any SES/CEL codes for me to hunt down. I'm VERY mechanically inclined and i've worked on, Torn apart and Rebuilt the VQ35DE's in my 03 Altima and 2010 Maxima.

anything you guys could think of would help?
Some codes it gave when I test Drove it but have not come back.
p0460-Fixed with a Fuse and Battery Reset (dealer Did this fix)
P0461-Fuse Replaced (dealer Did this fix)
P0650-(dealer)Flashed the ECU. Car seemed Fine for about 100 to 200 Miles

Last edited by Zyphron; 07-01-2016 at 05:59 PM.
Zyphron is offline   Reply With Quote