View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 09:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Larso1
Base Member

Drives: 12 Nissan 370Z T M6
Larso1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
Last year when I decided I should never have traded my 09 370 and must get another sports car (and was still fooling myself about what I really wanted), I took a look at used Porsche Caymans, Boxsters, and yes, 911s. Only a few Boxsters were in my price range but they were the 2000 to 2007 models, Caymans would have been a stretch, and only very old 911s were doable. I realized not only did I want a Z, but I could get a 2015 used Z, for way less with way more...so I did. Just for the heck of it, I looked at old Porsche 911s today. A friend had a nice 73 and I figured, being that old, they are going to be cheap for someone who wanted a project to work on. Boy was I wrong. A year or two ago, I could have bought 911s, 73 to say maybe 86 but now they have gone through the roof. What happened?
Watching the collector car auctions on TV, like Barrett-Jackson, they say the same thing about anything Porsche, especially early 911s. They don't explain it, just their turn to go "through the roof" on pricing.
Larso1 is offline   Reply With Quote