Thread: 2017 370z
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 07:24 AM   #24 (permalink)
mishuko
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 Z
mishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwins Child View Post
Thanks for the heads up! I just checked the last few pages of this long thread:
Sticky: (Official) 370Z Clutch Pressure (CSC) Failures
and it seems that this problem is still occurring even in 2016 vehicles, even after all the elapsed time of Nissan knowing of the problem. Not only that, but are their replacement parts any better than the originals? That is, if Nissan replaces the parts, is there bound to be another failure at some point down the road?

Does this problem eventually affect all 370Z clutches or just an unlucky few? If it does eventually affect all, I'm now more inclined to go with a used auto, especially since my wife would be happier with an auto and I'm ambivalent.
it WILL happen. when? uhh not sure. some have gone off the lot others gone over 50k. I did a pre-emptive attack at 39k with an aftermarket csc. Nissan changed it to an external on the 350 later gens. then went back to original design with the 370 as an internal.. durpitiy durp durp.

btw as much as people will bash the auto's (I'm guilty) it's not bad at all. it's actually faster 0-60. the automatic is pretty damn good. I'm not sure if the base model has the padal shifters in Canada though.
mishuko is offline   Reply With Quote