Thread: 2017 370z
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 03:40 PM   #22 (permalink)
mishuko
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 Z
mishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwins Child View Post
Thanks and thanks for the review of the video. AFAIK, the base does not have VDC.

We presently own a '10 Mit. Outlander, so we are experiencing road noise like you wouldn't believe. Our previous vehicle was a '92 Accord and it also had tremendous road noise. So we'll feel right at home with road noise.

We don't need or want heated/cooled seats in what will be our summer-only vehicle.

Although I have not yet driven a 370, I have sat in the red base that we're considering buying. There are a few reasons why I actually prefer the manual cloth seats (but I hope that the seat fabric is improved over Nissan's traditional, questionable-quality seat-fabrics).

First, I have slightly better legroom with the manual seat.

Second, because my wife and I are vastly different sizes, a vehicle's seat position for each of us is precisely the opposite in every direction. So the seat mechanism will be used a great deal, to its limits. After some initial practice, each of us will be able to adjust the seat position in a fraction of the time necessary for the power seat. Not only that, but, just like the non-existent rev-match, the non-existent power seat components will never ever need maintenance.

Third, my torso is generally more comfortable in the shape of the base's seat. I believe that the manual seat's side-bolsters are not as confining as the leather power seat's, but I might be wrong on that.

Additionally, I believe that as the seat cushioning "breaks in" over time, it will become even more comfortable.

Lastly, if the 7's seats' covers are removable like the 5's, should Nissan's delicate cloth fabric wear unacceptably, I can install aftermarket leather myself in a few hours for a few hundred.

We'll be taking a test ride in a few days and will report back our impressions of everything.

While I'm at it, is it "hands free" to unlock the vehicle's doors, or do you have to hit the "unlock" button on the FOB?

Thanks.
I am pretty sure all the trims of the cars have the VDC button (on the left hand side about the size of the start button) but I could be wrong. he did spin his tires at the start so he may have had it off. the sport does have better tires so that's probably another reason why he didn't get a good a time.

I haven't driven in any of the vehicles you mentioned so I can't compare. There are some DIY mods to reduce road noise. I did line my trunk in hushmat and I can actually hear the engine throttle a lot better. The worst I found was driving in the rain where it sounded like it was raining inside the car. going over dirty road caused a lot of 'pinging' but i found it was drastically reduced after. YMMV and I'm not saying it's silent like a lexus. it's still loud... just I am able to enjoy my exhaust and engine noise better

there is actually a button on the door handle I use to unlock. it will only unlock your side. so it's not like a hands free entry altogether.

oh one more thing you should also be aware of... do some research on CSC. lots of threads in the general/tech area about it.
mishuko is offline   Reply With Quote