Thread: 2017 370z
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 01:40 PM   #21 (permalink)
Darwins Child
Base Member

Drives: '14 Z Tour+Sport 7AT
Darwins Child is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishuko View Post
Ahh good on you! I turn my off once in awhile to practice incase it does malfunction or something.

not really in terms of the LSD... probably won't see a difference if you're not going spirited/track.

oh another thing to mention on touring are the power seats / heated seats if that's a game changer or not.

I'm a bit mixed for the review. hits some points misses others. 0-60 time is arguable and should really be mid 5's if he turned of VDC and launched properly. he said the steering is light but personally I feel it's a bit heavier than what I'm used to (Toyota's). rubbery shifting I found more 'notchy'? clutch play is funny as well. it catches close to the top of the pedal stroke.

there is also a lot of cabin noise in the car. it's very noticeable (regardless of trim) and gets worst as the tires wear down. a decent set of rubber should help calm it a bit.

one thing you're doing is your research... good on you buddy and hope you make the right purchase for your needs! oh if you do get it... welcome and have lots and lots of fun with it!
Thanks and thanks for the review of the video. AFAIK, the base does not have VDC.

We presently own a '10 Mit. Outlander, so we are experiencing road noise like you wouldn't believe. Our previous vehicle was a '92 Accord and it also had tremendous road noise. So we'll feel right at home with road noise.

We don't need or want heated/cooled seats in what will be our summer-only vehicle.

Although I have not yet driven a 370, I have sat in the red base that we're considering buying. There are a few reasons why I actually prefer the manual cloth seats (but I hope that the seat fabric is improved over Nissan's traditional, questionable-quality seat-fabrics).

First, I have slightly better legroom with the manual seat.

Second, because my wife and I are vastly different sizes, a vehicle's seat position for each of us is precisely the opposite in every direction. So the seat mechanism will be used a great deal, to its limits. After some initial practice, each of us will be able to adjust the seat position in a fraction of the time necessary for the power seat. Not only that, but, just like the non-existent rev-match, the non-existent power seat components will never ever need maintenance.

Third, my torso is generally more comfortable in the shape of the base's seat. I believe that the manual seat's side-bolsters are not as confining as the leather power seat's, but I might be wrong on that.

Additionally, I believe that as the seat cushioning "breaks in" over time, it will become even more comfortable.

Lastly, if the 7's seats' covers are removable like the 5's, should Nissan's delicate cloth fabric wear unacceptably, I can install aftermarket leather myself in a few hours for a few hundred.

We'll be taking a test ride in a few days and will report back our impressions of everything.

While I'm at it, is it "hands free" to unlock the vehicle's doors, or do you have to hit the "unlock" button on the FOB?

Thanks.
Darwins Child is offline   Reply With Quote