Thread: 2017 370z
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 12:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
mishuko
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 Z
mishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwins Child View Post
Yes, I realize that the base does not have rev match. I drove manuals for many years, as did my wife. None of those vehicles had rev match. We and the vehicles survived quite well without it, but I must admit that I find it intriguing. The good thing is that it is a feature that will never ever malfunction on the base.

Does anyone see a big downside to not having LSD for more or less normal street driving?

FWIW, I thought that this was a good, frank review of the Canadian base:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7ed0oXONZw
Ahh good on you! I turn my off once in awhile to practice incase it does malfunction or something.

not really in terms of the LSD... probably won't see a difference if you're not going spirited/track.

oh another thing to mention on touring are the power seats / heated seats if that's a game changer or not.

I'm a bit mixed for the review. hits some points misses others. 0-60 time is arguable and should really be mid 5's if he turned of VDC and launched properly. he said the steering is light but personally I feel it's a bit heavier than what I'm used to (Toyota's). rubbery shifting I found more 'notchy'? clutch play is funny as well. it catches close to the top of the pedal stroke.

there is also a lot of cabin noise in the car. it's very noticeable (regardless of trim) and gets worst as the tires wear down. a decent set of rubber should help calm it a bit.

one thing you're doing is your research... good on you buddy and hope you make the right purchase for your needs! oh if you do get it... welcome and have lots and lots of fun with it!
mishuko is offline   Reply With Quote