View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 08:05 AM   #26 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Nissan is making excuses for there lack of competitiveness. I find some bunk to the logic in the fact that creating the tunnel to the drive train creates complexity logic based on the fact that the very first cars were RWD and with technology today, I'm sure we have or can create engineering shortcuts to reduce the cost.

Here's where Toyota/Subaru gets their props. They came together and split the cost to create the FT-86. We are partnered with Renault, Mercedes-Benz.... I'm sure there's something that can be done to make financial sense of a new platform.

In the case of the IDX. The powertrain is the in the Juke. Even if the idx was made FWD with a manual button to engage AWD in sport mode and give it the lowest center of gravity possible. That would make a great car.

The real dilemma Nissan is facing is that everything they've designed outside of the Z, murano, Titan & GT-R is they've all been paired to a CVT. Now Nissan would have to either create a brand new aggressively tuned automatic transmission to serve these ideas... And that costs money. I wonder how the CVT version of the WRX is doing? I imagine not very well. But then again, making these cars purely as manual will also limit sales.
Nissan, Honda, have destroyed performance literally by sticking by CVT technology.

I believe Hyundai Kia & Mazda are growing because of their dedication to dual clutch and slush box technology.
I believe Nissan has created their own financial setbacks by competing with him drum brands like Toyota & Honda instead of keeping there eyes on the American market like they did in the 90's.

If we don't put out some good performance cars? We're screwed. We don't have the press on our pockets like Toyota and Honda. Our cars have to do more than there's for the money. That's why Hyundai Kia market share has grown so much. They know this. We will lose our position ahead of them if we don't wake up?

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 03-30-2016 at 08:08 AM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote