View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 12:38 PM   #30 (permalink)
Dirk McGurck
Track Member

Drives: 09 MB 370Z Touring
Dirk McGurck has a reputation beyond reputeDirk McGurck has a reputation beyond reputeDirk McGurck has a reputation beyond reputeDirk McGurck has a reputation beyond reputeDirk McGurck has a reputation beyond reputeDirk McGurck has a reputation beyond reputeDirk McGurck has a reputation beyond reputeDirk McGurck has a reputation beyond reputeDirk McGurck has a reputation beyond reputeDirk McGurck has a reputation beyond reputeDirk McGurck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarryninja View Post
My GF drives a stick and likes going fast, but that doesn't make her a good driver. She's not defensive at all and IMO is sometimes reckless.

The first day I got my Z she asked to drive (I knew she would get upset if I didn't let her)... Those were the longest 20 minutes of my life!

Fortunately when she was backing up into the garage, the back tires started spinning and she started getting nervous until she finally gave up and gave me the keys. After that she says she doesn't want to drive it anymore.
My dad has poor feelings in his legs but used to drive manual. My Mazdaspeed was behind his truck one day, so he grabbed the keys and proceeded to do a burnout backwards out of the driveway, then creeped the car back in and never drove it again.

My mom, who drives a manual Civic used to have to move my car so she could go anywhere. She realized she barely had to give the car any gas to move it in and out of the driveway.

Neither of them wants to drive the Z ever.