Thread: 2017 370z
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 11:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Darwins Child
Base Member

Drives: '14 Z Tour+Sport 7AT
Darwins Child is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvboy View Post
Yea but here in Canada the sport package is an additional $14k.As ridiculous
as it sounds the base is 30k and the sport package is 44k,that 14k can do a lot in the aftermarket.
My wife and I are retired Edmontonians and are looking for the first, and probably last, summer toy of our lives. We're not racers and I likely won't be doing any mods. The most "abuse" we (I) will subject the vehicle to is the occasional stop-light drag race and some spirited driving through the mountains.

We almost never listen to the radio or CDs in a vehicle, so the basic radio is just fine with us.

The fact that this trim has cruise and blue tooth phone is great.

We would indeed like a backup camera, but I will install a very inexpensive aftermarket wifi backup-camera system, complete with adjustable guide lines.

The one and only problem, and it is a rather big one, is that my wife would prefer an auto, which as everybody knows, is not available on the Enthusiast. But like Red Green, she says she can live with a standard, "if I have to, I guess". The option of adding an auto trans for say $1200 would make the Enthusiast the perfect vehicle for us, but I guess that's not in the cards for the '17.

Re-sale value is important to us. Low-km used 370Zs, even '09s, are mostly priced at around $23K and upwards to within shooting distance of a brand new Enthusiast. Because we're not getting any younger, I doubt if we'll own whatever we buy for more than 2 or 3 years and, obviously, we'd like to get back as much of the purchase price of the vehicle as possible. For example, were we to buy a '17 Enthusiast as soon as it becomes available (which is why I'm so interested in just exactly when that will be), if we decide to sell it two years down the road with under say 8K kms of rather gentle summer-only driving on it, I believe that we could sell it for just a couple thousand less that we paid for it. But maybe I'm dreaming, so please educate me.

Thanks.
Darwins Child is offline   Reply With Quote