View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 03:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
ghostbusters
Base Member

Drives: 13 Nissan 370Z SW M6
ghostbusters is on a distinguished road
Default Sorry for the thread revival

But I can confirm in my australian 2013 370Z that the issue comes from the clutch interlock switch that was shown on page 3 of this thread. Genuine replacement parts are coming from Japan which will take 4-6 weeks but it was only Aud30 or so. The mechanic has cleaned the two connecting rods thing in the switch and car starts up now without any hesitation.

Some final notes:
If you're experiencing the constant cycling between lock, ACC, On and off without anything else happening, this clutch interlock switch is probably dieing.
If you're having slow cranking, consider a new battery with a minimum of 582 CCA. I went with PowerSonic PNS70LMF batteries at my local Bridgestone Tire Centre and it fits fine in the battery compartment. MIND YOU, the car needs constant power even when swapping batteries, otherwise you'll have to factory reset the ECU at your local Nissan to get the windows to close up when you close your door.
Not much I can say about the steering lock mechanism except that you should have power steering function i.e. no steering lock when the car is on ON, otherwise get that checked.

Hope this helps!
ghostbusters is offline   Reply With Quote