Thread: My miracle Z
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2016, 09:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Too6Z
Base Member

Drives: 16 370z Gun Metallic
Too6Z is on a distinguished road
Default My miracle Z

After years of hard work, I recently realized my childhood dream of owning a Z when I purchased a new 2016 Gun Metallic 370Z coupe. The following day I was driving to have dinner with some friends who live about 20 minutes away. Weather conditions were less than ideal as a steady misting rain and roadspray reduced visibility, however, this was nothing uncommon for this area. I was traveling on the notorious Capital Beltway (I-495) in Springfield, VA and passing through an stretch known as the mixing bowl where I-95 splits from I-495. At this point the highway has six travel lanes in each direction as you enter/exit the split. I was driving in the leftmost lane that was forking to the right while the two lanes to my left continued straight onto 95. As I was passing a prius on my right , it's driver violently lurched the vehicle to the left on a direct path toward my front right wheel. Time seemed to go into slow motion as I relized that immediate evasive maneuvers were required to avoid a catastrophic high speed, multi vehicle accident. I veered hard left narrowly avoiding getting nailed by the prius while cutting across the painted merge triangle and onto the I-95 section of the split. Thankfully, my Z escaped unscathed, I guess someone was looking out for us on that day.
Too6Z is offline   Reply With Quote