View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 01:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
brancky3
Track Member

Drives: 14 370Z Gun Metallic
brancky3 has a reputation beyond reputebrancky3 has a reputation beyond reputebrancky3 has a reputation beyond reputebrancky3 has a reputation beyond reputebrancky3 has a reputation beyond reputebrancky3 has a reputation beyond reputebrancky3 has a reputation beyond reputebrancky3 has a reputation beyond reputebrancky3 has a reputation beyond reputebrancky3 has a reputation beyond reputebrancky3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman71 View Post
Boy do I have an experience with putting a spoiler on with just two sided 3M tape and silicone adhesive.

Doesn't work at all. It does it you plan to keep the car under 60mph at all times.

I was getting onto the freeway later at night and was proceeding to the 75-80mph point and then felt this bump that only hit the back. I looked in my rear view mirror and bye bye spoiler.

Just have a shop or Nissan drill holes. Its a perfect and easy way to make it stay for good.
What kind of tape did you use? I put a sport spoiler on my Z before with just VHB tape around the entire perimeter and there was no way that thing was coming off without some serious heat applied to the tape.