View Single Post
Old 03-24-2016, 08:24 PM   #838 (permalink)
Maxefforts
Base Member

Drives: '16 370z Nismo
Maxefforts is on a distinguished road
Default Hatch being stuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidus View Post
Guess I'm in the club now. 2015 Nismo hatch clicks on the first touch but is still locked. I have to press the button and pull up or it stays locked.

I had the same issue with my 16' Z Nismo. I didn't think just switching out the springs would fix it. But it did. The service dealership I go to where I bought the car are very good to me.

I find it really interesting this wasn't fixed way back in '09 they just put a TSB out and after reading a number of stories from fellow Z owners i'm really surprised it's not covered for anyone that has warranty left. Even out of warranty, it should still be covered.

The one tech that knew a lot about Z's explained to me it's not just the 370's it's other model's as well. So far so good for me anyway. Next step would of been replacing the button he said which is a lot more work with the bumper needing to be removed. Hopefully this is a perm. fix. Good luck. I do believe in going to another dealership and seeing if they will help. Really depends which one you go to. Some people are lucky, other's we all know are not. Calling Nissan is a big hassle and it's not worth the time going through that channel for something like this. The springs are worth maybe a dollar or two to make. The mark up is unreal with these oem parts.
Maxefforts is offline   Reply With Quote