View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 02:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
antennahead
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaddox84 View Post
Hey guys, I have a 370z Sport Touring with the 19" rays. I scraped the front passenger side rim a few months back on the curb. It's about 2 inches long of damage, and about a 1/4" thick along the rim. I was wondering if anyone had any experience getting these kinds of rims repaired and how the end result was. Since these rims are painted (hyper/super silver), they have to repaint the whole rim. The local Nissan dealership said that they have a guy that comes by with a mobile repair station and does this, and that it will cost me about $100 to get it fixed (discounted from $180 since it's through the dealership). I don't mind paying $100 to get this fixed, but was just wondering if anyone has ever had this service done on a hyper silver rim before, and how it looked in the end. Thanks.
Local guy here does wheel repair, and repaired two of my hyper silver 350 factory wheels. He sands the gouge smooth, then paints. If your curb rash is gouged out at all, it will look perfectly smooth afterwards. In my case, one paint job was so good you could not tell. The other wheel was barely noticable, if I pointed it out to people and they looked hard. Bottom line, if this guy is good, I would do it. You will look much better than the present "curb rash" Good luck!

John