View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 02:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
mishuko
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 Z
mishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuyFla View Post
Well you got me thinking with your comment, so I went & found the Junkman's video that had to do with the California duster. In fact he uses it himself but is a little dramatic when he says it will DESTROY your paint if you don't do it his way. I pretty much do it the way he shows but probably let it contact the surface more than him. I have been using it for over a year now & I don't have any scratches that I can point to the California duster to have caused. I researched other places & he is the only one I found that thinks it will destroy your paint. For me that is one man's opinion & I will take it for what it is worth & move on.
=)

he's enthusiastic that's for sure. what he preaches is technique not product. by destroy he probably means swirls or micro swirls that you won't see unless super close and what not. his videos portrays him as a bit of a polish perfectionist

I would go as sweeping as to say the dirtier the cleaning tool the more potential you have to damage your clear coat. microfiber or duster or whatever it may be.

I think we're all on the same boat that we want are cars to look spotless and shiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by barncobob View Post
junkman, I like his stuff...but he is a Marine ,but once in awhile they might be misled, misguided..as a Squid I respect his opinion, but im still sticking by the Duster.
I watched his videos and it wasn't about following his instructions to a dime, it's about learning from his technique. everyone will find something that works for them but you need a good base before you can start trying things that work for you
mishuko is offline   Reply With Quote