View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 01:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSHNIK View Post
... When I looked at the air filters - one of them was dripping with that red K&N oil. The air filter bay had a small pool of oil. So I waited, let the oil drip out. Then I was able to get home and clean the filter from all the excess oil.

Questions:
Do you think the problems my car is having is because of the excess oil in the K&N air filters?
Probably. Doesn't take but a second for the oil to get from the filter to the MAF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSHNIK View Post
What do I do now? Now that I don't have excess oil, I plan to clean MAF sensors again. But then what? Anything else I should do? ...
I'd clean all the intake piping from the filter boxes to the manifold and give the MAFs another good cleaning. I'd also pull/inspect any manifold sensors (eg, MAP). Read the DIYs on TB cleaning before diving in.