View Single Post
Old 03-22-2016, 05:54 PM   #421 (permalink)
brancky3
Track Member

Drives: 14 370Z Gun Metallic
brancky3 has a reputation beyond reputebrancky3 has a reputation beyond reputebrancky3 has a reputation beyond reputebrancky3 has a reputation beyond reputebrancky3 has a reputation beyond reputebrancky3 has a reputation beyond reputebrancky3 has a reputation beyond reputebrancky3 has a reputation beyond reputebrancky3 has a reputation beyond reputebrancky3 has a reputation beyond reputebrancky3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan @ RJM View Post
Hi Brandon,

Sorry for the late reply, was out all day with the wife/kids and just got home. For some reason your master cylinder rod does look rather short of threads, was it replaced at some point? The alternate method you can use to lower the initial bite point is to increase the AFP setting. Loosen the two bolts on the AFP slider with a 3/16 Allan wrench and slide the plate up half a tooth so its between the 75% mark and 100% mark. That'll increase the AFP affect and also make the engagement range drop lower. Retighten both bolts firmly and then you'll need to do a reset of the upper switch gap as increasing the AFP will alter where the pedal arm stops causing the switch gap to tighten.

Also another trick you can do to squeeze a little more from the clutch rod is to loosen the lock nut and turn it all the way back as far as it'll go on the rod. Then use some pliers that can grip the raised pattern on the rod to thread the rod tight into the clevis. Finish by using your 12mm wrench to make sure the lock nut is tight. That'll get every bit you can out of your clutch rod adjustment.

Hopefully that helps and if not I've got another trick up my sleeve but it'll be a little more involved then the options I've given you already.

Best Regards,
Ryan Morgan
RJM Performance Inc.
Thanks Ryan! I set it just a hair past 75% and seems like it's way better now. I also realized that I over tightened the two side tension nuts way too much last time, the clutch pedal is much lighter now.