View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 10:17 AM   #23 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by COSMO View Post
Oh and btw I have room to upgrade to a bigger housing but I don't feel the need for another 50-90 hp.. The fact is a Twin setup will Always be king due to simple math. Keep an eye out very soon for BBR's twin turbo kit...

That all really depends on what you are looking for in your build. As long as turbo selection is correct TT and ST will have about the same power up top. Down low the ST will always make more torque. So in a situation where traction is an issue the TT is a better option because the power comes on a little more gradually. A ST has a much more dramatic torque curve.

Guess I have to add the caveat of placement of the ST plays a huge roll. You need to minimize the amount of hot side piping feeding the turbine. My boost threshold is below 2,500 rpms and lag is couple hundred rpms. I venture to bet that's in the ballpark for the best TT kits for our platform.

I'm still on stock block power levels so the differences might show a lot more when you really start taxing a built motor.

Overall I do agree with you mainly because TT is the best way to package a kit for appearance and efficiency.

jwick is offline   Reply With Quote