View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 10:50 AM   #31 (permalink)
inTgr8r
Base Member

Drives: 08 G35S 6MT
inTgr8r has a reputation beyond reputeinTgr8r has a reputation beyond reputeinTgr8r has a reputation beyond reputeinTgr8r has a reputation beyond reputeinTgr8r has a reputation beyond reputeinTgr8r has a reputation beyond reputeinTgr8r has a reputation beyond reputeinTgr8r has a reputation beyond reputeinTgr8r has a reputation beyond reputeinTgr8r has a reputation beyond reputeinTgr8r has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB370Z View Post
I agree I may have oversimplied it for a few steps missing from the above and agree in concept with what you are saying ...but debating very specific technical details is somewhat pointless unless you have something formal in writing. However, I doubt being a "US citizen" is the only way to get there...e.g. what if you are a Canadian snowbird (i.e. Canadian resident living in US for period of time but that is not a US citizen) and buy it in US, license it and drive/keep the vehicle at a US address for 6 months or more before bringing back to Canada? My guess is that would work too, as other scenarios, so long as purchased by someone with a US address and remaining in the US for the specified period of time.
^ it's been a while since I checked, but I think you may be correct on that.

...& if the dollar ever comes back close to parody,
I suspect this will be a more lively discussion.
inTgr8r is offline   Reply With Quote