View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 07:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Z_ealot
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Touring/Sprt
Z_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismodean View Post
I'm considering either the Z1 or the JWT clutch/flywheel combo. I would like your experience with either if you have it please.

I had to replace the CSC 10,000 miles ago so I really don't want to go through that again if possible. The HD CSC requires modification (granted only 10 minutes worth) and the elimination kit has only been out a short period of time that I'm aware of. I know it has been tested on the track and that's great and all but longevity hasn't been ascertained IMHO yet and you have to more than likely adjust every now and then (do you need a lift for that every time?) as the clutch wears down.

Any experiences with the previously mentioned clutch/flywheel kits, HD CSC, and CSC elimination kit would be greatly appreciated as well as a good source of info for other people.
Can't comment on the jwt clutch, but i do have their flywheel and love it. A little on the noisy side, but once you learn how to best engage the clutch it isnt all that much more noisy than the stock flywheel. One of the other benefits to it is that when you get ready to replace the clutch again after installing it the first time, the friction plate is replaceable and costs $65
Z_ealot is offline   Reply With Quote