View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 10:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
chrismau808
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370z 7at sport
chrismau808 is on a distinguished road

If you want to do a basic upgrade with a $1000 budget i'd say get a Pioneer double din off amazon. Actually picked up a Pioneer avh-x4800bs for my wife's crv for a little under $300, then take it somewhere and have them install it with whatever basic name brand speakers they have. The headunit is where most your $ will go if you buy from a shop so at least buy that off amazon so you only have to pay the install fee.
And really if you dont plan to run an amp then just about any inexpensive name brand speaker system or components will sound about the same. If you do all the work yourself you could easily do a basic upgrade for around $600-700.
If it were me, i'd do the Pioneer double din i mentioned off amazon, a set of DLS rm6.2 with like a DLS cc2 or ca23 amp (both on ebay) and do the install myself and still be way under budget. Even if you have to take it all in to get installed you'll probably end up in the $1000-1100 range. I know you dont want to run an amp or crossover for a set of components but it would be worth it. You obviously care enough about how your music sounds to spend a $1000, should make it worth it, and be extremely happy with it. And if you've never install car audio it's really not as hard as it seems. Hope that helps.
chrismau808 is offline   Reply With Quote