View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 09:15 PM   #1354 (permalink)
COSMO
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2012 Touring GTM TT
COSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond repute

I was running oem mains and L19 head studs. I honestly think a combination of the engine build but mainly tune is what did it. The cylinder didn't crack but basically melted due to the tune. Found out later my bore was not correct to match my pistons causing piston slap.. 96mm from cp calls for 3.78 bore diameter (clearance 0.0035), mine was 3.5 Also my L19's were only torqued to 85.. He also fried my ecu and I was missing a motor mount bolt on the passenger side when the car came back.
This time around I am going with arp mains and I'm very confident in bryan building my motor this time around.. He's a really dedicated enthusiast.

Last edited by COSMO; 03-17-2016 at 09:29 PM.