View Single Post
Old 03-16-2016, 11:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Elisechrs
Base Member

Drives: 2013 Nissan 370Z man
Elisechrs is on a distinguished road
Default No Power when accelerating

First of all I’m not much of a car person, main reason why I got this account so I can ask car questions about my car, and not rely on a mechanic to give me the most expensive solution to my problems. That being said I have this persistent problem when it comes to acceleration with my 370z. Just some basic info about it 2013, manual, coupe, I bought it last April and it had the check engine light on it, which was a red flag, the mechanic promised me it was from the gas cap not being clicked all the way down, which was feasible, and that he had cleared the problem. About a week later the engine light came on again and I took it to AutoZone to get the code read and it said Mass Air Flow Sensor failure, took it to the dealership to see if warranty would cover it but come to find out the car didn’t have any filters installed. The dealer wanted about $1,000 to replace both sensors, I politely told them no thank you, and to install filters, I then bought some airflow cleaner from AutoZone, cleaned them and reinstalled. The check engine light didn’t come on again for about 10 months. Now I’m having a problem, not sure if it’s related to the mass airflow sensors or not, but it will not accelerate. From about 3rd gear up I can floor my gas pedal and it feels like it is dragging and its rather annoying because I’m holding up a bunch of cars and I want my car to run like it should. The only fix I have for this is getting to a place I can stop for about 10 seconds and just kind of restart the car. After that acceleration is not an issue and she drives like a champ. The airflow sensor comes on sporadically but that’s because I need to give it another good cleaning, or maybe just break down and replace them. Question is, is the acceleration issue directly related to the airflow sensor or is this a completely separate issue that needs to be looked into? Thanks.
Elisechrs is offline   Reply With Quote