View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 10:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
XJScott
Base Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z MB M6
XJScott is on a distinguished road
Default Z1 front upper camber arms installed

Last night I installed my Z1 front upper camber arms did not take a lot of pictures but wanted to write a little review since it's a relatively new product. First impression out of the box they maintain good quality as expected from z1. My only complaint was the spacers on the hiem joints for the race arms could have held in place a little better, it isn't a big issue but I did fumble around with them a good bit. Spl rear camber arms have a similar spacer set up on the hiems but have a satisfying click as you insert them.

When installing the instructions were pretty spot on. I would recommend removing the air intake box in the passenger side when replacing the bolts on the power steering reservoir. If you have tiny hands I envy you, I first started and ended up dropping a bolt, bushing, and wrench down onto the plastic under tray and spent a good bit of time fishing them up and banging on the tray until I could get them out.
Second part of the instal that i would like to give a little hint towards is the strut, I've seen some installs were people drop the whole strut, this isn't necessary you can get away with unbolting the top from the engine bay and pushing down in the hub to get the strut to move forward enough to get the upper camber arm bolts out.

Getting both front uppers and rears done took a couple of hours and was pretty straight forward. Tomorrow I am heading to Ma motorsports for an alignment and will post my final thoughts on the product after I get some drive time. I'll also try to post a picture of the arm installed.
XJScott is offline   Reply With Quote