View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 05:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
BoneZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2012 Blue BallZ
BoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond repute

I had the exact same experience. The problem is that silver is translucent, which is part of the reason it's so bright and sparkly. It's kind of like a candy color where the more layers you put on, the darker it gets. Since the touch up paint goes on so thick, at certain angles it probably looks fine and at other angles it looks way too dark. I've achieved the best results by first painting the scratch white, letting it dry and then using a paint reducer and Q-tip to gently dab the dried paint to blend it into the scratch. I then take a little of the silver paint, mix it with a tad of reducer, and lightly apply that to get it as close as I can. Usually, it's still a little dark. I wait for that to dry and then use the same reducer / Q-tip method to blend it in the best I can. That silver is a pain.