Thread: Paddle shifters
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 09:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix0121 View Post
I've only driven by automatic mode, but today suddenly wanted to try the semi manual and paddle shifters.

But I did not know how to do, so just changed gears randomly then the engine worked weird.

I tried it several times on slow speed but failed to find out how to use it.

1. Is it dangerous to use the paddle shifters? Now I'm using my second new AT transmission (the first one was broken but no one knows exactly why) and do not want it broken again.

2. Once I saw someone used the shifter and got faster acceleration. Can anyone explain to me how to do that? I tried searching Youtube but it was not helpful.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
.....what?

don't take this the wrong way, but how do you mess up using the paddle shifters? the left paddle is to downshift, while the right paddle is to upshift. you go in order (i.e. 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 or 7-6-5-4-3-2-1). same thing with the shifter: up motion is to upshift and down motion is to downshift.