View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 12:50 AM   #15 (permalink)
Daniel123588
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370z sport
Daniel123588 is a name known to allDaniel123588 is a name known to allDaniel123588 is a name known to allDaniel123588 is a name known to allDaniel123588 is a name known to allDaniel123588 is a name known to all

Howzhit my braddahs and sistas! Dis stay how we talk in da kine Hawaii bu.

Some people post comments like that on our local newspaper comment section and its quite embarassing as it makes the local people seem slightly uneducated and people get the wrong idea. That was the fun fact of the day!

Moving on. So i had some time today to mount just one side of the flush mount white LED i bought. Photos make the LED look blue as usual as its just a iphone camera so just letting you know.

So i tried various methods including mounting it straight on the mesh but it looked really ghetto not to mention it was difficult to make it bolt flush on to the mesh. Then i tried mounting it on the top part of the vent, it was hard to see it so i decided mounting it on the bottom would be the best option.

1. Buy your LED. This LED i bought is quite powerful. Although the website didn't notate lumens in the specs, i already had an idea what i was buying. The beauty of this one is that its extremely flush and is VERY powerful.

2. Start working on your template. I used cardstock and bolted it on the bracket on the bottom. After your template is made, trace it on a aluminum sheet. The pic shows me test fitting on the top but i made another template as i decided to mount on the bottom. Dont cut too much until the end.

3. Start to test fit and make proper adjustment. This was almost the complete product but the fact that the top of the aluminum plate is flat made it look out of place.

4. Some fine tuning by making it rounded. Looks better in my opinion.

5. Pic to show how flush it is.

Last edited by Daniel123588; 03-11-2016 at 01:03 AM.
Daniel123588 is offline   Reply With Quote