View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 12:56 AM   #46 (permalink)
Zendo949
Base Member

Drives: 10 370Z Pearl Wht AT
Zendo949 is on a distinguished road

Hey Guys so here is a delayed update...

I removed the box and drilled the holes over the divets before cutting with a dremel....here is where it gets REAL....had a buddy that was with me who kept telling me to "drill more" (knowing damn well it's always better to drill less than more) so I punch right through the box with the drill. After cutting open with a dremel I see I went right through one the blue buttons...I take the box upstairs and decide to eat dinner and cool down before I perform brain surgery...after an hour of using glue and fabric tape i was able to salvage the button...MIRACLE!!!! So I removed the motor and that top part that releases the rod which was the real issue in my case (sorry dont know what it is called). Put everything back together and voila!!! The yellow "key" light has stayed on but I'm good with that....fast forward 4 weeks and my battery dies! I get in the car this morning and it was done for..called AAA and they jumped it and I drove it for 30mins..when i lock the care with the fob a red light with a wrench symbol begins flashing...I have read some threads on here about it being an early warning to a steering lock failure...well I "fixed" mine and pulled the fuse after this battery situation (for safe measure). I really hope I can fix this or it doesnt happen again, which is unlikely...

On another note...prior to me attempting to fix this on my own I took it to the dealer to be diagnosed so I can make a claim...This is where Nissan began screwing me..they told me "the warranty for this part which was extended" due to its issues ended in April of 2015. Which is funny because my factory warranty ended in August 2015 so it really wasnt an extension for me to begin with...they ran me their corporate loops and I waited a week just to be told the did not approve my claim....complete BS
Zendo949 is offline   Reply With Quote