View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 05:19 PM   #72 (permalink)
zguynate
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370z
zguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond repute

Alright guys, I need some help wrapping my head around bearings... I have been beating my head against the wall about this since 7 this morning. I know my measurements, I know what I want my clearances to be, but I have no clue how to get the proper sized bearings.

So, for reference, we will use the stamps on my block and crank. The block for Main #1 is stamped "S". The #1 main on the crank is stamped "M". Here is a picture from the FSM stating measurements and grade of bearing for those particular stamps.

Grade 4 bearing per FSM

Now here is the math.

Someone help me out here. Using the measurements out of the Nissan FSM and math, it says my clearance will be .0007, however the minimum clearance is .0014. What am I missing? This is making it difficult for me to find the proper size bearings I need. The math isn't adding up and it's driving me crazy.

Last edited by zguynate; 10-06-2017 at 05:34 PM.
zguynate is offline   Reply With Quote