View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 12:03 PM   #23 (permalink)
slammedsammy
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z
slammedsammy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhovah View Post
The Z1 kit only comes with the clutch, flywheel, and stainless clutch line - but you can add the CSC eliminator as an option. You still will need to buy a new CMC.
The stainless clutch line included is not compatible with the Zspeed HD CSC, just FYI.

I went with the HD CSC instead of the Z1 eliminator because A) I scored one off the classifieds here for cheap and B) It stays closer to the original Nissan design. All else being equal (in this case, reliable clutch hydraulics), I usually try to stay as close to the OEM design as possible... call it a rule of thumb.
Also - most aftermarket parts are designed with mostly OEM equipment surrounding it... in this case - if you went with the Z1 Eliminator, you wouldn't be able to fit a BP Single turbo kit as an example.

Nope.. but I had my mechanic install a new CMC for me and he used some kind of OEM equivalent part instead of the Nissan part. He said he did some research and the equivalent part had far lower failure rates compared to the Nissan (understandable considering how many of our CMCs fail)... the one he used was within a few bucks of the Nissan part price. I'll have to find out what he used....
Interesting....Thanks for the info...I'm so confused/unsure of what to do at this point...