View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 12:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
slammedsammy
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z
slammedsammy is on a distinguished road
Default Help w/ Clutch Issues

This may be the wrong place on the forum to post this.....regardless, here it is.

Recently I have been having a lot of issues with my clutch. It is operating strangely; mostly at start-up and then for a few miles after that. Lots of play in the top and engaging very low, also feels a little slippery and hard to drive smoothly (I have read most of posts from other members I could find on here regarding similar issues). I don't beat on the clutch but I do drive quite spirited-ly . I am not under warranty and the car has 50K miles on it. I would like to fix my issue (possibly CSC or CMC?) while possibly upgrading what I have (clutch/flywheel) since I will have the tranny dropped....but I do not want to break the bank on this (possibly not doable...). I was looking at this: ZSpeed Performance Nissan Infinti OEM & Performance Parts
But was hoping to spend a bit less than $1500 just for the parts..... Any ideas on what I should do here? I don't have a lot of Z knowledge just yet so any advice would be helpful and appreciated.