View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 12:52 AM   #1475 (permalink)
x10370zx
Base Member

Drives: Nissan 370Z 40th
x10370zx is on a distinguished road

I think I might be the latest victim in this dreaded saga. 2010 with about 43K on the clock. Driving home from work about three weeks ago, not beating on the car whatsoever... Was getting off the highway and when pushing in the clutch to go from 6th to 5th it hit the floor and didn't come up. Terrible brake fluid smell almost instantly. Since then the clutch gets stuck to the floor almost daily and I pull it back up with my foot. Fluid has been pinned on the min line though, hasn't budged at all. I talked to a tech today who told me to top off the fluid with dot 3 and keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't drop. He also said to open the reservoir after the car has been driven and pump the clutch a few times while having someone watch to see if the fluid bubbles. Anyone have their tech suggest this? Pretty worried that one day I'm not going to be able to pick the clutch up and I'll be stranded. I should also mention that the clutch takes up very close to the floor now.. Feels like 1.5-2" which I know isn't normal at all.

Last edited by x10370zx; 03-06-2016 at 01:08 AM.
x10370zx is offline   Reply With Quote