View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 01:05 PM   #70 (permalink)
zguynate
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370z
zguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterbeatty View Post
How are you installing the subframe bushings, I am looking into doing that as well.
Its a process... you have to obviously remove the subframe. So you have to disconnect the ebrake cables, take the brake calipers off, take the exhaust off, disconnect the driveshaft, and take a few suspension components off. I havent decided if I want to burn them out like i did on my 240sx or drill the meat out and cut the race with a sawzaw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&W_Evader View Post
I thought the engine usually drops out the bottom?

How long did it take to get all that stuff disconnected?
Taking it out from the bottom is the "proper" way to do it. Unfortunately I don't have prolonged access to a lift and Im doing all the work at my house with no lift. So the next option is to remove the radiator support.

It wasn't that bad. Maybe 2 hours, and thats a high estimate. The most difficult part was taking the ziptied wiring harness off of the fan shroud lol. Also, trying to disconnect the AC lines with cheap disconnect tools was a waste of time. I had to borrow some nice ones and they came off really easy.